My turn to receive the Liebster Award and answer some probing questions…
So the divine Kitty from Kitty Rambles A Lot decided to be a TOTAL babe and nominate me for a Liebster Award! This is a newbie blogger’s dream, and I’m extremely flattered! The basics of the award are that I answer 11 questions Kitty has created for me, then nominate my own favourite blogs! It’s a great way to link my blog to those which I follow, and gives you a little more insight into the world of me!
Kitty is an absolute sweetheart, with a super cute blog and a mega big heart. She is also a wicked photographer, and I’m dying to sneak under her lens at some point! Here are her questions:
1) What is your favourite food?
When I was in primary school, at 5 years of age our teacher asked this question. My mum has still kept the jotter that I wrote in, because she thinks it is hilarious that my answer was ‘Steak and Ale Pie’. Most kids wrote fish fingers or chips, but my palette seemed to be a little more mature! I still love steak pie, but I can honestly say that NOTHING beats sweet potatoes for me. Cooked in any way, I just love them. I’m also extremely partial to a cucumber sandwich!
2) Where would you love to visit?
Hawaii! Hands down. I would love to do a nature trail, experiencing the natural wildlife and foliage, and hopefully checking out an active volcano! Obviously I would spend the whole time with hibiscus flowers in my hair.
3) Who is your ultimate crush?
Oh lord. I’m a bit of a sucker for Micheal Fassbender. He is quite literally the most exquisite human I have ever seen, and I think he is an absolutely incredible actor. I’ve also had a long-term crush on John Malkovich, it stems from my repeated watching of Dangerous Liaisons. His portrayal of the sexual deviant Vicomte de Valmont awakened my burning loins.
4) What is your favourite clothing piece you’ve ever owned?
Err… it would have to be the biggest TREAT I’ve ever had. Ginge bought me the pin-up girl’s dream dress, the Monica for Pinup Girl clothing. It was purchased from the UK stockists Deadly is the Female, who often have promotional weekends to save a few bucks! It’s a boobie lifting, suck-y inny, mega wiggle, belly flattering DREAM of a dress and I can admit I looked like an absolute bombshell in it (check out the sequinned cat ears!):
5) What is your worst fashion faux pas?
It was probably this (my 12th birthday at the lazer quest):
Mesh top with ‘oriental’ themed print? Check.
Cropped, I repeat, cropped, wide leg jeans. Check.
Knee high socks under said hideous jeans? Check.
Beat up chunky vans? Check.
Avril Lavigne needless chain detail on jeans? Cherry on top!!!
6) Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
Career wise? I’m not sure. I would like to say a mummy though. I’ve been broody since I was 22! I really would like to have babies before I turn 30 (incidentally, today is my 26th birthday!)
7) Who are your favourite bloggers?
8) If you could be any animal for the day, what would you be?
A cat. I want to sleep all day, every day!
9) Do you have any pets? Share photos! If you don’t, what would you have?
My babies!!! Darwin is my first-born, he is now 3 and a strapping handsome ginger beast:
Then we have Delilah, who is now 1 years old and my favourite little shit. She’s hyper, affectionate, chatty and naughty.
This was taken when they first met, and Darwin is still just as suspicious of her 8 months later:
10) What was your dream job as a kid?
I really wanted to be a midwife, or work in an aquarium. As far as being a midwife, there is no way I’m emotionally stable enough to cope with bringing new life into the world daily. I would cry more than the family!
11) What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Emptying my brain in an eloquent way, meeting the most AMAZING friends and acquaintances, and being introduced to new brands and experiences.
Phew! Thanks for the throw-backs Kitty!
There are very few of the blogs I follow that haven’t already been nominated for this award, but there’s nothing wrong with it going around a second time! I nominate:
Hayley from Curves and Curls
and Em from Terrible Tumbles
Cause these three women have been welcoming, encouraging, and above all things inspiring to me!
Here’s your questions ladies, I’ve made them a little more fun and revealing!
- What’s your number 1 foundation garment (underwear/comfortwear/supportwear) and what’s your favourite brand for it?
- What is your favourite savoury snack?
- What is your favourite sweet snack?
- What is your dream hair (colour/cut/texture)?
- Who was the first blog you truly followed?
- Which popstar/actress did you idolize before you turned 12?
- What’s your favourite ‘grown-up’ house/home item you’ve ever bought? (it doesn’t have to be practical!)
- What was the first proper gig/concert you went to that wasn’t a festival?
- If you could tell your 16 year old self one thing, what would it be?
I look forward to hearing these answers!